The 27th Annual Family Sand Sculpture
A flyer with information and
rules for the competition are available at the Ocean Park Office or at the
site on the day of the competition. You must register in order to be a part of the competition.
Wednesday, July 3, 2013 - time 1:00 to 3:00 pm
on the beach between Randall and Ancona Avenues.
1. Obtain a registration form from the Rec. Hall (M-F, 2-5 PM) or the OPA Office (14 Temple Ave., M-F, 9 am – 4 pm, Saturday 9 am – 12 noon) or on the beach the day of the event.
2. All teams must include at least one child (this is a family event.)
3. Stake of a 20’ x 20’ plot.
4. NO mechanical devices or structural supports may be included in the final design.
5. NO fires or fireworks.
6. Paints must be water-soluble and eco-friendly.
7. Remove all ‘accessories’ and plot stakes before the tide comes in.
Judging begins at 3:15 pm and is based on artistic ability, originality, design detail, use of space, and special effects. Winners will also be recognized at the Band Concert immediately following the Independence Day Parade (on July 4th.)