31th Annual Family Sand Sculpture Competition
Monday, July 3, 2017 - time 10:00 am to 4:00 pm
on the beach between Randall and Ancona Avenues
Judging begins at 4:15 pm.
Winners will be announced at 5:00 pm and will also be recognized at the Band Concert on July 4th.
Theme: Ocean Park Life. A flyer with information and rules for the competition will be available at the Ocean Park Office after Memorial Day or at the site on the day of the competition.
1. Obtain a registration form from the Rec. Hall (M-F, 2-5 PM) or the OPA Office (14 Temple Ave., M-F, 9 am – 4 pm, Saturday 9 am – 12 noon) or on the beach the day of the event.
2. All teams must include at least one child (this is a family event.)
3. Stake of a 20' x 20' plot.
4. NO mechanical devices or structural supports may be included in the final design.
5. NO fires or fireworks.
6. Paints must be water-soluble and eco-friendly.
7. Remove all 'accessories' and plot stakes before the tide comes in.
2017 Summer Season
- Get Involved with Music!
- Ocean Park Music Festival
- Wednesday's at Jordan
- Saco Bay Artistst six
- Art in the Park
- Educational Bureau
- Library Hours, etc.
- Library Programs/Book Sale
- Historical Series
- Let's Talk About It
- Learning Through Film
- Special Programs
- Tuesdays in the Park
- Thursdays in the Park
- Technology Workshop
- Writer 's Conference