30th Annual Family Sand Sculpture Competition
Sunday, July 3, 2016 - time 3:00 pm to 6 pm
on the beach between Randall and Ancona Avenues
Judging begins at 6:15 pm.
Winners will be announced at 7:00 pm and will also be recognized at the Band Concert on July 4th.
Theme: Treasures in the Sea. A flyer with information and rules for the competition will be available at the Ocean Park Office after Memorial Day or at the site on the day of the competition. You must register! Judging begins at 6:15 pm. Winners will be announced at 7:00 pm and will be recognized at the Band Concert on July 4th.
1. Obtain a registration form from the Rec. Hall (M-F, 2-5 PM) or the OPA Office (14 Temple Ave., M-F, 9 am – 4 pm, Saturday 9 am – 12 noon) or on the beach the day of the event.
2. All teams must include at least one child (this is a family event.)
3. Stake of a 20' x 20' plot.
4. NO mechanical devices or structural supports may be included in the final design.
5. NO fires or fireworks.
6. Paints must be water-soluble and eco-friendly.
7. Remove all 'accessories' and plot stakes before the tide comes in.
Summer Season 2016
- Get Involved with Music!
- Ocean Park Music Festival
- Wednesday's at Jordan
- Saco Bay Artistst six
- Art in the Park
- Educational Bureau
- Library Hours, etc.
- Library Programs & Book Sale
- Historical Series
- Let's Talk About It
- Learning Through Film
- Special Educational Programs
- Tuesdays in the Park
- Thursdays in the Park
- Technology Workshop
- Writer 's Conference