Tennis Season 2017 ~ June 26th to Sept 2rd
Tennis Director Wes Bell has been a teaching tennis professional for 22 years with both USPTA and USPTR professional certifications. He played four years varsity tennis at Dickinson College, where he played #2 singles and #1 doubles.
Wes, a USPTA certified Tennis Professional, was named the 2012 Director of the Pavel Blackwood Academy of the South Seas Resort, Dunes Golf/Tennis Club, and Sundial Resort on Sanibel and Captiva Islands, during the winter months. A former college and tournament player, Wes has coached all levels including high level adult teams and nationally ranked juniors.
The clay Tennis Courts are open from June 26 through September 2. Monday through Saturday hours are from 8:00 am to 8:00 pm; Sunday hours are 1:00 pm to 6:00pm. Reservations are recommended. Season tennis membership: $140 for OPA members; $265 for non-OPA members. Half-Season membership: $75 for OPA members; $135 for non-OPA members. Membership includes round-robin play and all court rental fees. Memberships should be paid prior to play. Rates for non-tennis members are available at the tennis hut. Hourly court rental rate is $15 for OPA members and $30 for non-OPA members.
Children's Clinics are on Tuesday and Thursday afternoons; no registration required ($5 for OPA members; $7 for non-OPA members), limit six children per age group. Rackets are supplied. Start times - 10 and up: 2:00 pm; 7 to 9-year-olds: 3:00 pm; 4-to 6-year-olds: 4:00 pm.
All Adult Clinics are TBA at the beginning of the season. Due to high numbers in the clinics, registration is required. Please call the Tennis Hut at 207-934-9325.
All Round-robin sign ups (see process below) are done prior to play at 7:45 am and 10:00 am. Men's round-robin early start is at 8:00 am on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Women's round-robin/mixed doubles early start is at 8:00 am on Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday. Late start is at 10:15 am. Limit 24 players per Men's session and 16 players for Women/mixed session. Preference will be given to those women that are present for the 7:45 am and 10:00 am drawings. Mixed Doubles mixers: 1:00 to 3:00 pm on Sunday, registration is suggested. Tennis court rentals, lessons, and group clinics are available from 12:30 pm until closing, Monday through Saturday.
* You are encouraged to be at the courts on the morning you want to participate at 7:45 am and 10:00 am to get into the draw. At those times the pro will place numbers in a hat and players will draw for the first 24 positions.
* Players 1 through 12 will play in the first round; players 13 and up will play in the next round. Each round is one half-hour. All players must be present for the drawing.
* In the event 24 players are present at the time of the drawing, the first 12 players will play a one hour first half and players 13 through 24 will play the second half for one hour.
* If more than 24 players are present for the drawing, the pro will insert "sorry no play" cards. The pro will make every effort to encourage these players to make use of empty court time in the afternoon.
* Players who are not present for the drawing will check in with the pro for a playing assignment. All players must be present when the pro does the next round match up. These are done ten minutes prior to the next round going out.
* If players have time preferences they may trade positions - just let the pro know before match ups are completed at 8:00 am and 10:00 am.
For more information please call Tennis Director Wes Bell at the Tennis Hut, 934-9325, or via email, firstname.lastname@example.org or call Wes directly at 207-939-7309.
2017 Summer Season
- Get Involved with Music!
- Ocean Park Music Festival
- Wednesday's at Jordan
- Saco Bay Artistst six
- Art in the Park
- Educational Bureau
- Library Hours, etc.
- Library Programs/Book Sale
- Historical Series
- Let's Talk About It
- Learning Through Film
- Special Programs
- Tuesdays in the Park
- Thursdays in the Park
- Technology Workshop
- Writer 's Conference